I’m trying to find a silver lining to the Cubs’ 4-3 loss to their biggest rival in the first game of the series, in which two of their best players were injured. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Alfonso Soriano reached base twice (and didn’t strike out) in his move to the three-hole.
- Milton Bradley drew a pinch hit walk to give the Cubs a tiny bit of life with two outs in the bottom of the ninth.
- Geovany Soto had a hit and a walk, so maybe that’s something for him to build on.
- Dempster pitched fairly well, allowing 3 runs in six innings while striking out 6 and walking just one.
- Tickets for Cubs home games are probably going to be slightly cheaper after this road trip and the DL move that’s almost certainly coming tomorrow for Ramirez, Marmol, or Bradley.
See! It’s not all bad!